The chili con carne is a perfect dish: it is cheap, can be kept for several days and warms quickly in case of last minute guests!
MexicanFamilyCourse: Main coursePreparation time: 15 minutesCooking time: 25 minutesCost per serving: 1,32 €Energy: 399 kcal / serving
1. Mince the onions and dice the red pepper (or carrots). Chop the garlic.
2. In a heavy-bottomed casserole, heat a little oil. Pour in the vegetables and sweat them for a few minutes.
3. Add the minced meat and cook for a few more minutes by detaching the pieces with a fork.
4. Add on the meat / cooked vegetables mixture: the crushed tomatoes, the bouquet garni (or cube cooking), the spices and salt. Let simmer for half an hour under cover. Add boxes of kidney beans and corn (drained but not rinsed) and allow to finish cooking for about 15 minutes while watching. Adjust seasoning. Add a glass of water if necessary.
5. Serve well served with fresh cream (optional, but useful if the dish is hot) at the last moment. You can present the chili by pricking on top of the small triangular tacos.