Today this recipe of Sicilian cannelloni, a very gourmet and family dish for cold days!
ItalianCourse: Main coursePreparation time: 20 minutesCooking time: 25 minutesCost per serving: 1,35 €Energy: 459 kcal / serving
1. Cut an onion and a clove of garlic into small pieces. Cook them over low heat in a saucepan or pan with a tablespoon of olive oil until the onions have become a bit translucent.
2. In order to exhale the flavors of the onion, start cooking on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Then lower the fire. Once the onions have turned a nice golden color, add 800 g tomato pulp. Season with salt and pepper and add a good tablespoon of herbs (choice: oregano, basil, thyme). Reduce and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes, before mixing or not according to taste. Unlike fresh tomatoes, the canned pulp is rather acidic.
3. While the sauce is simmering, heat a little olive oil in a frying pan to cook 300 g ground beef over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and mix with reserved tomato sauce. Think about defatting the meat before mixing it with tomato sauce. To do this, remove the meat using a skimmer.
4. Fill the tubes with this preparation.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 165 ° C (5/6 thermostat) for about 45 minutes, so that the cannelloni are well au gratin. If the cannelloni gratin too quickly, cover them with aluminum foil.