ChildFamilyVegetarianCourse: Side dishPreparation: 5 minutesCooking: 20 minutesCost per serving: 0,35 €Energy: 392 kcal / serving
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters.
2. Put them in a medium saucepan. Add just enough cold water to cover them. Salt with coarse salt.
3. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook over medium heat, covered, about 15 minutes or until you can easily prick the potatoes with a fork.
4. Drain the potatoes in a drainer and put them back in the pan. Remove from the fire. Crush the potatoes with a potato masher or fork (you can use a hand mixer if you do not have a potato masher but be careful not to get a dough too soft).
5. Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat over low heat. Add it along with the butter and nutmeg to the mashed potatoes. Mix with a whisk until the puree is smooth and creamy.